Reflections from the Past: A Mirror to the Future
Saturday, May 21, 2005 at Casa Del Mar Hotel, Santa Monica, California
Community Service Awards/Honorees
- “Law Practice Rising Stars & Entrepreneurs” – Jean Murrell Adams, Esq.
- “Law Practice Rising Stars & Entrepreneurs” – Nedy A. Williams, Esq.
- “Law Practice Rising Stars & Entrepreneurs” – Julianna Yasinski-Edwards, Esq.”Outstanding Leadership in the Community” – Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt
- “Corporate Practice Excellence” – Avis Frazier-Thomas, Esq.
- Tiosha Nichole Murray (Whittier Law School)
- Antoinette Robinson (Whittier Law School)
- Baxter Scholarship – W. Cheryl Robinson (Ventura College of Law)
- Asia D. Sanders (Whittier Law School)
- Cecelia Valentine (UCLA School of Law)
- The DirecTV Group;
- Washington Mutual;
- Alschuler Grossman Stein & Kahan LLP;
- Skadden Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP;
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
BWLF President Brenda Johns Penny
BWL, Inc President Sharon K. Brown
Scholarship Selection Committee Kelly Bey-Lind and Karen Pointer
Silent Auction Committee Banch Abegaze, Shimea Anderson, April D. Armstron
Event Planning Committee Chair: Carla Durham Pittman; Co-chairs – Tangela Terry and Victoria King; Wilma J. Pinder, Rachel D. Young, Dianne Baquet Smith; Yvette D. Roland, Patsy J. Cobb, Brenda Johns Penny
Invocation/Benediction Rev. Brenda Lamothe
Mistress/Master of Ceremonies Maura Gale (Actress, Author, Evangelist and Poet)